The Davenport Grand Hotel in Spokane, Wash., is the location for the 2019 Sports Officiating Summit, presented by NASO, which will be held July 28-30. While you’re there to attend the Summit, there are several wonderful Spokane attractions to take advantage of in and around the hotel.
The Summit will feature three days of education sessions involving an excellent cast of officiating leaders. But those who want to spend their down time taking advantage of area attractions, or those who stay in Spokane for a few days once the Summit is over, will find there is plenty to see and do.
Here are seven things to check out while staying in Spokane:
1. Enjoy great restaurants. Whatever you’re hungry or thirsty for, you should be able to find it in the hotel or nearby establishments. The Davenport Grand offers on-site dining and bar venues including Table 13, the Grand Restaurant and Lounge, and the Grand Terrace Bar. There are many other restaurants in the nearby area as well.
2. Check out tours and tastings. Washington is one of the largest wine producing states in the U.S. Spokane is home to over 20 tasting rooms and wineries — it’s known as the Cork District. Spokane also has more than two dozen regional award-winning breweries to visit for tours and tastings.
3. Get outdoors. If you enjoy the outdoors, the popular Centennial Trail and Riverfront Park are within walking distance from the hotel. Riverfront Park is a one-hundred-acre park located along the Spokane River containing the Spokane Falls. The Cascade and Rocky Mountains are popular destinations for hikers and bikers in the area.
4. Entertainment awaits. The hotel is within blocks of many of Spokane’s premier art galleries, museums, performing arts and music venues, including the Bing Crosby Theater, Northwest Museum of Arts & Culture, INB Performing Arts Center and more.
5. Enjoy a workout. The hotel offers a state-of-the-art fitness center open 24 hours a day. The workout area provides a variety of machines and weight lifting equipment. There is also an indoor pool and jacuzzi.
6. Hit the links. You can step up to the tee at one of many local world-class courses, including Indian Canyon Golf Course and Downriver Golf Course.
7. Shop for deals. Riverpark Park Square, Spokane’s premier destination for shopping and entertainment, is sure to have something for you as well.
For details about the NASO Summit or Spokane, visit sportsofficiatingsummit.com or call NASO at 800-733-6100. For details about the Davenport Grand, call 509-455-8888.